A Call for Proposals to Commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Fellowship Community 1966-2016
The Fellowship Community is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2016 and
to commemorate this milestone, the Rudolf Steiner Fellowship Foundation
would like to commission a work of art that celebrates 50 years of service to
the care of the elderly, the land and to the whole human being.
Proposals will be accepted from February 1, 2016 - May 1, 2016. The winning art project will be selected on or around May 15th. The Fellowship Community will unveil the selected work or proposal at the Dedication Ceremony on July 3, 2016.
The Fellowship Community is a dynamic, work-based, intergenerational
community founded on Rudolf Steiner’s anthroposophy. Our mission is to
care for the elderly and to nurture the body, soul and spirit within the human
being during all phases of life, to create a social process worthy of our common humanity, and to be responsible for the care of the earth upon which we live.
The total budget for the art work including materials is $1,500. The competition is open to all artistic mediums as well as the possibility of an artist’s residency.
Please visit our website at; www.fellowshipcommunity.org for proposal
guidelines, the application form and further information about our community.
The Fellowship Community is located at 241 Hungry Hollow Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977. Tel: 845-352-8494 ext. 2.
For questions contact: email@example.com.
Rudolf Steiner Fellowship Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
Celebrating 50 Years of Service to the Community 1966 - 2016
Guidelines and Application Form
1. The commissioned art work is to mark the 50th anniversary of the Fellowship Community.
2. The art work should be consistent with the aesthetic sensibilities of the Fellowship Community.
3. Working artists may submit their proposals in written format with sketches, dimensions and materials to be used.
4. Artists should include a resume, portfolio’s, references and perhaps a studio visit and site visits of work.
5. We hope that a decision will be made no later than May 15th. Much will depend on the number of submissions, interviews and presentations necessary to choose the commissioned piece.
6. Upon selection of a commissioned piece of art, a contract or letter of agreement will be signed by the Fellowship Community (FC) and the artist.
7. The contract will include payment schedule (Artists will receive 1/3 of the amount upon selection and the balance when the art piece is delivered to the Fellowship Community) and what will be the process if the Fellowship Community rejects the artwork during the manufacture of the art work. A residency may be possible outlined in a separate document.
8. The Artist will begin the artistic process and demonstrate the clear understanding of the FC culture, needs, budget and timeline.
9. The FC will have the right to graphic reproduction of the artwork for FC use.
10. The Fellowship Community will be the sole owners of the art piece upon the signing of the commissioning agreement.
11. The FC will review and approve, modify, and reject artists model/sketch/rendering/ maquette of commissioned art work.
12. Repeat as many times as needed until both the FC and the Artist are in agreement.
13. Bless and install artwork in space agreed upon.
Please email proposals to: Carol.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Development and Communications Coordinator
Rudolf Steiner Fellowship Community
241 Hungry Hollow Road
Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977